9 Statistics About ED
Current statistics show that men of all ages suffer from erectile dysfunction, although the incidence increases with age. More than 18 million American men are said to be dealing with ED.
Men love statistics. Whether it’s box scores or mundane accomplishments achieved, men like to read between the lines.
Here are some stats for you on erectile dysfunction:
- One in four men under 40 are now seeking treatment. A study published by The Journal of Sexual Medicine goes on to say that almost half of these men have a severe sexual condition compared to 40 percent of men over the age of 40.
- Fifty percent of men who smoke a pack of cigarettes a day have a significantly higher chance of having ED, according to the U.K. Health Centre.
- More than 18 million men in the United States are affected by ED, a John Hopkins study reports.
- An estimated 15 to 25 percent of men over the age of 65 experience ED, according to findings from the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases
- Around 80 percent of men with erectile problems come down to physical reasons, according to the U.K. Health Centre.
- Roughly 33 percent of men who have ED seek advice and/or treatment for the disease, the U.K. Health Centre reports.
- The erectile dysfunction drug market is expected to become an estimated $3.4 billion industry by 2019, according to Nasdaq Globe News Wire.
- More than 9 percent of men in Britain experience ED, according to the Journal of Sex Research.
- In the 1940s, less than 1 percent of men under the age of 30 and less than 3 percent of men between the ages of 30 and 45 experienced ED, according to the Kinsey Report.
And there you have it, nine statistics that every man should know about erectile dysfunction. In addition to stats, it’s important to understand that erectile dysfunction is a treatable condition. Medications like Viagra or Cialis can enable men to have an enjoyable sex life. These medications are available with a prescription from a doctor or through an online consultation. To learn more about ordering your ED drugs online, check out the services offered by longtime online facilitator eDrugstore.com at its Erection Problems page.