Men love statistics. Whether it’s box scores or mundane accomplishments achieved, men like to read between the lines.
Here are some stats for you on erectile dysfunction:
- 1 in 4 men under 40 are now seeking treatment. A study published by the Journal of Sexual Medicine went on to say that almost half of these men have a severe sexual condition compared to 40 percent of men over the age of 40.
- 50 percent of men that smoke a pack of cigarettes a day have a higher chance of having ED, says the UK Health Centre.
- Over 18 million men in the US are affected by ED, a John Hopkins study reports.
- 15 to 25 percent of men over the age of 65 experience ED, says findings provided from the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases
- Around 80 percent of men with erectile problems come down to physical reasons, according to the UK Health Centre.
- Roughly 33 percent of men that have ED seek advice and/or treatment for the disease, the UK Health Centre reports.
- The erectile dysfunction drug market is expected to become an estimated $3.4 billion industry by 2019, according to Nasdaq Globe News Wire.
- Over 9 percent of men in Britain experience ED, sites the Journal of Sex Research.
- In the 1940’s less than 1 percent of men under the age of 30 and less than 3 percent of men between the ages of 30 – 45 experienced ED, according to the Kinsey Report.
And there you have it, nine statistics that everyone man should know about erectile dysfunction. In addition to stats, it’s important to understand that erectile dysfunction is a treatable condition. Medications like Viagra or Cialis can enable men to have an enjoyable sex life. These medications are available with a prescription from a doctor, or an online consultation.
For more information about ED medications, check out this website.