Erectile dysfunction isn’t just about whether or not you can get hard; it’s also about getting hard enough to have intercourse.
For men with erectile dysfunction that keeps them from getting a really firm erection, consider these options.
- Drink aloe vera. Although aloe vera is known for its cosmetic effects and its help with burns, the germanium in aloe vera can also help regulate blood pressure. In addition, it may lower bad cholesterol and triglycerides and raise good cholesterol, all of which is good in the fight against erectile dysfunction.
- Take vitamins E and C. Vitamin E helps with the production of testosterone. It can also help with circulation and muscles. Vitamin C helps with boosting the immune system and the health of your arteries.
- Get plenty of B complex vitamins. Vitamin B3 or niacin is involved in the production of sex hormones and helps with circulation. Vitamin B12 helps with erectile dysfunction for a number of reasons, including ensuring the body makes enough healthy red blood cells. Chow down on liver, yeast, eggs, fruits, leafy vegetables, fish, fortified breakfast cereals and lean meats to get your B complex vitamins.
- Exercise regularly. You don’t need to run five miles a day to help your circulation. Even brisk walks, cycling or a low-impact fitness class can help. Ideally, you want to get your heart rate up, but anything that keeps you from being sedentary can help.
- Fight mental issues and stress. Stress, depression and anxiety are all known to cause erectile dysfunction. Look for ways to reduce stress at work or home, such as with counseling, meditation, reading or yoga.
- Take Viagra or Cialis. Of all the things you can do to help fight erectile dysfunction, taking an erectile dysfunction drug, such as Viagra or Cialis, is probably the best. Viagra and Cialis can be prescribed by your doctor and have been proven to help erectile dysfunction for most men, including making erections hard enough for sexual intercourse.
It’s vital that you talk to your doctor about any medications you’re taking, especially nitrates or “poppers,” which can cause dangerous drops in blood pressure when combined with certain erectile dysfunction drugs. Be sure to mention any vitamin or minerals you’re taking as well.