Foods that are heart-healthy are also erection-friendly, and foods that can undermine cardiovascular health likewise pose a threat to normal erectile function. So if in doubt, particularly when dining out, opt for heart-healthy menu selections.
While it’s okay to indulge in a forbidden treat once in a great while, the following foods should be generally avoided to promote optimal erectile function:
- Red meats: High in unhealthy saturated and monounsaturated fats, red meats can increase blood levels of bad cholesterol — low-density lipoprotein — and also boost blood pressure, both bad for your erection. Try to satisfy your taste for meat with poultry and seafood.
- Fried foods: Cooked in partially hydrogenated vegetable oils or shortening, fried foods will quickly elevate your blood levels of bad cholesterol, which eventually lead to a buildup of fatty plaque on artery walls.
- Canned foods: No matter what other questionable contents they may contain, canned foods, particularly soups, and other processed foods are notoriously high in sodium, which can compromise vascular health. If you simply must use these products, look for those that are sodium-reduced.
- High-fat dairy products: Like many animal products, dairy foods are generally high in saturated fats, which can lead to clogged arteries and a decline in erectile function, not to mention an increased risk of more serious cardiovascular health episodes, such as a heart attack or stroke.
- Flaxseed and soy: While these may be admirable foods in other respects, they can upset a man’s hormonal balance, leading to a decline in testosterone levels that can cause a drop in sexual desire. According to Smart Men’s Health at DrGapin.com, flaxseed has high levels of estrogen, and soy can mimic the female sex hormone, all of which can impede normal erectile function.
For those men who are suffering from ED linked to compromised blood flow, Viagra and the other PDE5 inhibitors give an added boost to help overcome ED symptoms. If the convenience of ordering Viagra online appeals to you, visit AccessRx.com’s Erectile Dysfunction page to check out all the services that the longtime online facilitator has to offer.